Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Comforts

Summer can be a hectic time of year- kids out of school, people taking vacations and others having to cover their duties at work, not to mention the oppressive heat. To counteract some of these summer symptoms, I have 2 sure-fire cures. The first is total self indulgence, by way of a manicure and pedicure. The other is a seafood "comfort food" dinner. My favorite is mussels, but clams would work just as well for this recipe.

Mussels in White Wine Sauce

Ingredients
1 medium size onion chopped
1 clove garlic
4oz. olive oil
2 cups white wine
1 tbsp parsley
1 1/2lbs mussels
  1. In a large frying pan with cover, saute onion and garlic in 3 tbsp olive oil until onion is translucent.
  2. Add remaining olive oil, wine, and parsley, bring to a boil, lower heat and allow to simmer 15 minutes.
  3. Add mussels, cover and steam mussels unit they open-about 5-8 minutes.

I serve this over spaghetti in my favorite bowls with Pillsbury garlic bread sticks. Any shellfish can be added for variety. One of the joys of cooking is experimentation, another is sharing the experiences, so please, enjoy my Summer Comforts and feel free to share yours with me.

To contact me or for info on nailcare, manicures, pedicures,acrylics or gels, visit www.tampanailchick.com

No comments:

Post a Comment