Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Double Feature

Movie Review-

As previously stated in my blog, I am a movie maven. I have been known to do the double, or even triple feature. I love going to the theatre; the smells, the people, the stadium seating, the excitement of it all. It still holds the same thrill for me as it did when I was a child. Sometimes I go with friends, sometimes alone, sometimes with my nieces and nephews. I enjoy all three, and always walk away better for the experience, even if the movie sucked. Happily, that wasn't the case for either movie I saw this past weekend. On Saturday, my friend Sharon and I saw "Inception" starring, of course, Leonardo DiCaprio. (Sharon loves Leo.) It was pretty amazing; a real thinker. It explores the concept of creating and sharing dreams, and planting seeds of ideas, that the dreamer believes are his own. The dreams become multi-layered and very complicated. The movie goer is forced to think, to keep the layers of the dreams straight , so the storyline makes sense. I loved this flick and I'd see it again. It's one of those movies that you know you'll catch more details each time you see it.
On Monday(one of my favorite days to catch a movie), I talked my friend Joann into seeing "The Last Airbender" with me. 9 times out of 10, the movies I see with Joann are ones that she would not pick on her own, but she ends up enjoying them. Such was the case with "Airbender". It's a family-friendly movie about people who can control the elements: Air,Fire Water, and Earth. It is based on a Nickelodeon animated series, but this live action. The critics panned it , but Joann and I really liked it. The ending leads into a sequel, which I plan on seeing.

Still to come-"The Sorcerer's Apprentice"- next weeks movie.

Movie theatres great places to beat the heat; so are salons. Treat yourself to a manicure, pedicure, a full set(acrylics or gels) or fill. Visit my website for details: www.tampanailchick.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment