Monday, July 12, 2010

Not Just For Kids Anymore

Movie Reviews

My love for children and movies helped me create a tradition with my nieces and nephews. Not only do I take them to the theatre, but we use our shared experiences in games of Charades and Trivial Pursuit. My most recent trips to the movies were with my nephews, Spencer and Andrew. Spencer and I saw "Toy Story 3" in 3D. Andrew (and Aunt Patty) joined us for "Despicable Me" in 3D. Both were animated flicks aimed at kids, but cartoons are not just for kids anymore. There is plenty for a grown-up to get out of most animated movies today. "Toy Story 3" is about a boy getting ready to go away to college, and therefore going through and getting rid of his toys. As in all the "Toy Story" movies, it's seen from the toys' point of view. What children see is funny: the toys go to a day -care center and make new friends and enemies, and eventually escape. What adults see is a child growing up, no longer needing his toys(or parents) anymore, and how quickly time passes. I cried, Spencer giggled. All was right with the world. "Despicable Me" on the other hand, was a hysterical romp through the life of a villain. In order to steal the the moon, our super villain, Mr Gru must first steal the Shrink Ray from his enemy, Vector. In order to gain access to Vectors house, Mr. Gru adopts the 3 little girls who sold cookies to him. Both the villains, and the cute little girls kept us in stitches, let alone the minions(little yellow guys, some with one eye, some with two). Between the music, the story-line, the animation, and the script, this is a laugh riot for all members of the family.
My outings to the movies with "my kids" are one of the greatest joys in my life.

For info on nail care, manicure, pedicures, acrylics or gels, or to contact me please visit http://www.tampanailchick.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment