Friday, August 13, 2010

Update on Beauty Parlor to Salon

In a piece I wrote, not that long ago, we took a little journey from the sixties to the present into the look of the Beauty Salon. Now we are seeing the emergence of a new concept in Spa design and operation. In this new set up, the space is divided into rooms and rented out as such. Generally these rooms are about 100 sq. ft. of space to decorate , equip and secure(lock up when not in use) by the nail tech, hair stylist, massage therapist, or esthetician. All are independent contractors, keeping their own schedules and hours; in essence each is a salon owner. In most cases, the only common areas are the restrooms and the lobby(or waiting area), and some offer laundry facilities. Another commonality is the upscale style of the salon. I have visited 3 of these new style salons and I've been impressed by the concept and classiness of each one. Having just said that, keep in mind that each room is the decorative canvas of it's occupant and there's no accounting for taste. This concept seems to be catching on, as I see many of my colleagues making the change and moving into the new era in our industry.
As for myself, I always look forward to the next great adventure. So thank you for reading my blog, and for info on gels, acrylics, manicures or pedicures visit me at www.tampanailchick.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment