Friday, August 27, 2010

Mom's Meatloaf

Everyone has a favorite meatloaf recipe, and I've never had one quite like my mom's. She served it with mashed potatoes mixed with sauteed onions. Like all comfort foods, it brings back sweet memories of childhood. Today I spent the day with family, celebrating my Great Uncle's 101st. birthday. It made me once again, realize how unbelievably lucky I am, to have the amazing family and friends who fill my life, and to have had the greatest parents and grandparents who fill my memories. So, sentiment aside, I share this meatloaf recipe with you because it really is great. Enjoy!!

Harriet's Famous Meatloaf

Ingredients
2 lbs. ground beef
1 egg(beaten)
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 can Campbell's vegetarian vegetable soup
1/2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs. ketchup
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
5-6 slices bacon
1 15 oz. can Hunt's tomato sauce
  1. Spread a little tomato sauce in bottom of pan to prevent sticking.
  2. Combine 1st 8 ingredients in a bowl and mix with hands.
  3. Form loaf in a pan measuring at least a 15" by 9".
  4. Lay bacon slices crosswise on loaf(each bacon slice can be a guide for slicing meatloaf later).
  5. Pour tomato sauce over meatloaf.
  6. Cover loosely with foil
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min, remove foil and bake 15 more min.

This recipe serves 6. As in all my recipes, this is a guide; feel free to add or remove ingredients to make it your own. Experiment, Indulge, Enjoy!

For info on Gel Nails, Acrylic Nails, Manicures, Pedicures, or to contact me, please visit www.tampanailchick.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment