Thursday, June 10, 2010

Salon Tanning

Salon Experience of the Week-

I tried Airbrush Tanning for the first time yesterday, and it was a very interesting experience. My friend Linh, owner of The Nail Shop of Carrollwood, bought the whole set-up(a pop-up tent, airbrush machine, tanning solution, hairnets, and mitt) to be used in the salon. Meghan, another dear friend and nail tech at the shop, sprayed me while Lihn supervised. To say the least, we all had a great time. At first, one may feel a little self-conscious, but very soon you're laughing and having fun and the awkwardness is gone. Meghan was the artist and I was her canvas. It takes about 20 minutes to do, and the results are definitely worth your time. There is no orange tint. When I was a teenager, the first spray tanner came out and it was called Sudden Tan. My brother thought it would be a great thing to try and subsequently turned himself bright orange. We've come a long way baby. I look like I spent a day at the beach, which is exactly what we're looking for when we do this. A nice tan always looks good with your beautiful nails. So the next time you're in a salon, getting acrylics, gels, a manicure, a pedicure, or any combination thereof, treat yourself to a staycation tan.

Restaurant Review-

Ruby Tuesday's
For a long time, years ago this was one of my favorite restaurants. I loved the salad bar and you could always get a good sandwich or quiche. Then, I'm not sure when it happened, they went downhill fast. The salad bars were not kept supplied or clean,and the menu changed so I just stopped going. Today, a friend and I started at Olive Garden, but the wait was too long so we went to Ruby Tuesday's on Gunn Hwy. She and her husband go there often, so I figured it was worth a try. I was very pleasantly surprised. The salad bar was stocked with fresh foods, the service was good and my burger was cooked the way I like it. (Not at all dry- like the last place I tried). If, like me, you haven't been to a Ruby Tuesday's for a while, give it a shot.

Movie Review-

"Killers" is a deceiving name for a very cute movie. Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigel are a great pair in this romantic comedy about a woman who finds out 3 years into marriage, that her husband is a spy. Her response is all that you would expect and more. Thom Selleck plays her protective father, and there's more to that than meets the eye. Another great chick-flick. We can never have too many of those.

For more Nail info or to contact me please visit http://www.tampanailchick.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment