Saturday, September 11, 2010

Movie Days

I have 3 types of Movie Days: Movie with a Friend, Movie with a Child, and Movie By Myself. When I'm lucky, the 1st two are combined to make a particularly special day. Such was the case for "Nanny McPhee Returns". My Aunt Sunni, my nephew Spencer, and my friend Chris joined me at my favorite theater to see the sequel to Nanny McPhee. Coincidentally, I ran into my old friend and client, Sedina with her children. Very often, in the NAIL business, your clients become your friends; as was the case with both Chris and Sedina...But I digress, back to the movie. Emma Thompson reprises her role as the witchy looking nanny, whose looks improve with each lesson her charges learn. It was a really enjoyable movie for the whole family(a la Mary Poppins). What made the experience truly memorable was company I shared it with.

OK- enough sappiness, the next movie I saw was "Going The Distance", starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long. This was definitely not a family flick. It's R rating is well earned for language, sexual content and brief nudity. It is a funny story about a romance that starts out local but becomes long distance. The fact that the stars were a real-life couple made it believable and easy to watch. I really liked this one.

That's all for today. For info on nail care, gel nails, acrylic nails, manicures and pedicures or to contact me, visit www.tampanailchick.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment