Monday, October 29, 2012

The Weird and Wonderful

  When you're a kid, all you want to do is fit in.  Thankfully, as adults, we learn to appreciate our own individuality and the uniqueness of others.  I was fortunate to learn this lesson early in life, so when I have been told that I have strange taste in movies, books and TV shows I've always smiled and said " Thank you!!!!"  In all three medium I am fond of the Time Travel genre.  The latest on the big screen was "Looper" starring Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.  They play an older and younger version of the same character; Gordon-Levitt has been  hired to kill the older version of himself.  Strange and a little twisted, yes but I enjoyed it.  Willis has previously done the "older version of himself" role in a much lighter movie: Disney's "The Kid". That one is a feel good classic.  So you see, even within an off- beat genre , there is both the Weird and the Wonderful, just as there is within each one of us.

Here is a list of my favorite Time Travel and re-incarnation (souls traveling through time) stories:

The Two Worlds Of Jennie Logan
On A Clear Day You Can See Forever
Frequency
Dead Again
Somewhere in Time
11/22/63
Heaven Can Wait
Timescape
The Lake House
Timecop
Timeline
Kate and Leopold
Sound of Thunder
Planet of The Apes
Peggysue Got Married
The Last Mimzy

Whatever you favorite pastime is, take the time to enjoy it!

For information about Gel Nails, Acrylic Nails, Manicures or Pedicures please visit my website: www.tampanailchick.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment