Monday, June 27, 2011

Crackin' Up

The latest fad in Nail Polish choices is a layered process which creates a "Crackle"d or "Shatter"ed(OPI) effect. The underlying color remains solid, while the second color choice layer cracks. To me, like most fads, it's a strange look to want, but, it is hot right now for the 15 - 25 yr. old crowd. As noted above, each company has their own name for this and a collection of colors to "crack - up" with.(Can be used with natural nails or over gels or acrylics)

Summer TV
My favorite summer TV series are returning along with some great new shows. Last night, for example, was filled with choices- or recordables. Lifetime aired "Drop Dead Diva" and "The Protector"(recorded- not watched yet). USA showed "Law and Order:Criminal Intent"(the series finale)and "In Plain Sight"-I watched both and they were great. A and E's "The Glades" is one of my faves, and TNT's new sci-fi series "Falling Skies" is taking it's time to develop. I like it but I don't know if it will move fast enough to hold an audience. Tune in next time for more in-depth synopses and reviews.

As always, treat those you love well, and remember to pamper yourself -maybe a manicure, pedicure, full set of gels or acrylics. For more info on the subject or to contact me visit www.tampanailchick.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment